The Pilgrim's Way

I've found that over the years there's nothing better than to have a venue to share your thoughts and feelings about life-all of its ups and downs-the vicissitudes of a life full of love, loss, grief, and, ultimately, joy. It's my hope that through the exchange of stories and experiences, we, as human beings, will realize how connected to one another we truly are...to see the value in one another is the pilgrim's way.



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Aren’t you a Beautiful Creature?


I came across the following poem this morning. If you find this nourishment for your soul, I highly recommend Daniel Ladinsky’s Love Poems from God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West.
I’d suggest reading the poem a few times (taking a minute or two to pause before the next reading), and ask yourself how is God speaking to you through these words…Blessings.

BEAUTIFUL CREATURE

There is a beautiful creature living
in a hole you have dug,

so at night I set fruit and grains and little pots of wine and milk
beside your soft earthen mounds,

and I often sing to you,
but still, my dear, you do not come out.

I have fallen in love with someone
who is hiding inside
of you,

We should talk about this problem,
otherwise I will never
leave you
alone!

-Hafiz


Hafiz (1320-1389) was born in southeast Persia. He had a great spiritual master as his teacher who guided the development of his poetry and the unfolding of his soul. His greatest desire in life was union with God.

Reference: Ladinsky, Daniel. Love Poems from God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West. Penguin Group, 2002. (page 174)


No comments:

Post a Comment